RaRMS Health - Bingara Medical Centre
Monday 24/12 8am-12pm
Thurs 27/12 8am-12pm
Fri 28/12 9am-12pm
Monday 31/12 8am-12pm
resume normal hours on Wed 2/1/19
Welcome to the Bingara Medical Centre.
You can book an appointment with a practitioner by calling Reception on 02 6724 1900; operating hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8am-5pm
- Wednesday and Friday from 9am-5pm.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday.
If you require emergency medical care at any time or require urgent medical care outside of our opening hours, please visit the Bingara MPS (02 6728 0100) or dial 000 for an ambulance.
Each of the GPs, visiting Specialists or Allied Health Providers who see patients in the surgery operate their own independent practice. GPs include:
- Dr Elisabeth (Lisa) Brown
- Dr Neil Wearne
- Dr Elisabeth (Lisa) Brown.
- Dr Neil Wearne (part time)
Please note: vacancies currently exist for two permanent GP/VMOs to support the practice.
Bingara is located on the Gwydir River in the New England area of northern NSW. This scenic location is close to national parks and rivers. Inverell is the nearest large town, approximately 50 minutes’ drive away, and the major centres of Tamworth and Armidale are almost 2 hours’ drive away.
In 2011 Bingara had a culturally homogeneous population of 1,335 with residents mostly of Anglo-Celtic heritage. The Bingara community is friendly and buzzing with a diverse range of interests and activities. There are ample attractions and activities in Bingara and surrounding areas, such as: Gwydir River, gold and quartz fossicking, bird watching, horse riding, fishing/canoeing/water sports, swimming, hiking, the Arts. Geological marvels in the region include the Rocky Creek glacial area, which is popular for swimming and picnics, and Sawn Rocks in Mt Kaputar National Park, remnants of a volcanic history.
Visit the following websites for more information:
- Great video of the town: https://vimeo.com/232470942
- Bingara Visitor Information Centre.
- Visit NSW/NSW Tourism.
- Gwydir Shire Council (Bingara).
- Aussie Towns.
- Bingara is accessible by car and coach. Access by air and train require an additional coach transfer from nearby larger towns. How to get there.
- There is no airport at Bingara. The closest commercial airport is at Coffs Harbour, approximately 4.5 hours drive east. There are some airlines which fly to closer regional airports; however, they have limited flying destinations e.g. Fly Corporate provides daily flights weekdays between Brisbane and Moree, Narrabri, Tamworth or Armidale. Regional airports near Bingara: Armidale Airport, Moree Regional Airport, Narrabri Airport and Tamworth Regional Airport.
- The closest train service is at Inverell, approximately 55 minutes’ drive east.
- Maps for Bingara.
- The Bingara community is served by this RaRMS Health practice and Bingara Multi-Purpose Service.
- Hunter New England Local Health District and Hunter New England & Central Coast PHN serve the Bingara community.
- Tharawal Aboriginal Medical Service provides culturally-approrpriate services to Bingara's Aboriginal peoples.
- Aged care services are catered for by McLean Care and Touriandi Lodge.
Telephone: 02 6724 1900
Fax: 02 6724 1996
Address: 94 Maitland St. Bingara NSW 2404