RaRMS Health Gilgandra - 2 Practice Locations
RaRMS Health operates in two locations within the town of Gilgandra.
RaRMS Health Gilgandra practice is located at the rear of 6 Chelmsford Avenue, within the grounds of Gilgandra Multi Purpose Service (Gilgandra District Hospital).
Please click here to be taken to the RaRMS Health at Chelmsford Avenue Practice page RaRMS Health - Gilgandra
RaRMS Health Gilgrandra Medical Centre is located at 1a Warren Road Gilgandra.
Please click here to be taken to the RaRMS Health at Warren Road Practice page RaRMS Health - Gilgandra Medical Centre
Gilgandra is located in the central west of NSW on the junction of the Newell, Oxley and Castlereagh highways, approximately 45 minutes from the major hub of Dubbo. Agriculture is the primary industry in the area. It has a population of 2,700 people with 4,700 living in the district.
Gilgandra is a vibrant town with a large supermarket, several good restaurants/cafes and take-away shops and a good range of other non-medical services. It has a great community with plenty of friendly, community spirit to welcome you to your new life practising in the country.
Visit the following websites for more information:
· Gilgandra is accessible by car, air, train and bus. How to get there.
· It is approximately half way between Melbourne and Brisbane and a 45-minute drive north of the regional centre of Dubbo.
· There are regular connecting flights from Dubbo to Sydney on QANTAS and Regional Express (Rex) airlines.
· The Gilgandra community is well served by the two practices under RaRMS management, being Gilgandra Medical Centre and RaRMS Health Gilgandra
· The local Multi Purpose Service (MPS) has a range of health services, including acute care, subacute care (including respite and palliative care), emergency, aged care , allied health, oral health, primary health and community services
· RaRMS Health Gilgandra is located within the grounds of the Gilgandra MPS, in the adjacent car park. Visiting allied health practitioners and specialists visit the Gilgandra Medical Centre and RaRMS Health Gilgandra regularly
· Cooee Lodge Aged Care Facility and Retirement Village caters for residents with self-contained villa units and a dementia wing
· The closest referral hospital is Dubbo Base Hospital, which is a 45-minute drive. The RFDS and Air Ambulance also provide air transfers from Walgett to Dubbo when required
· Both medical centres are accredited, computerised and well equipped with onsite pathology available at RaRMS Health Gilgandra
· Gilgandra is within the Western NSW Local Health District which provides a range of healthcare services for the region